The lounge/reception room has been designed with a strong African feel reflected in the stone flooring, animal leather furniture, artwork and other decorative features collected over the years from various parts of Africa The dining room occupies what used to be the two lounges of the semis. In combining these two rooms we magnify the beauty of the leaded glass windows as well as the smaller leaded arch windows on either side of the front doors.
We have included a little colour in some of the replaced panels in the leaded windows to link the windows with the coloured lead panel we had made for the doors leading into the kitchen. We have kept the original deco fireplace surrounds though we have replaced the hearths with gas burning units.
The lighting Company, Amoeba, has created all of the lighting fixtures in the house. We believe their unique style and construction epitomizes the best of South African Craft and Creativity.
Breakfasts are served in the dining room from 7.30am through 10am and consist of an extensive cold buffet including juice, yoghurt, breads, jams, preserves, fruit and other daily specials. A hot breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausages, and other tasty offerings is also available.
Many of the rooms have plants in them. Please treat them nicely. Talk to them even, they love it. But please don’t move them or water them as they may well have peculiar requirements, which are catered for by our staff.
The Guesthouse offers the following general facilities:
- Very comfortable Lounge/Bar where you can relax, read the newspapers, magazines or books.There are also boxed games.
- There is an honesty fridge with cool drinks and snacks available 24 hours a day.
- Unique dining room with fireplaces, leaded glass windows, stunning Oregon pine floors and the original pressed steel ceilings and 1930’s fireplace surrounds.
- The wonderful swimming pool in the front garden with its tempting Martini seat where guests can bask in the heat of the African Sun whilst sipping cocktails in the warm water of the pool. · The herb, fruit and cut flower garden down the side of the house
- The six off street parking bay, one bay for each room. One of the bays has been specifically designed for large vehicles like SUV’s